Matthew 25:35 Jesus instructs us to feed the poor.
The Cathedral Saint Vincent DePaul Conference is proposing a meal ministry program schedule for the 2016 year that would continue the longstanding tradition of serving meals at Dubuque City Rescue Mission, assisting at St. Patrick’s on regular basis, and assisting occasionally with the Congregational Church, an ecumenical initiative.
Its goal would be to prepare and serve 2 meals a month at:
- Dubuque City Rescue Mission (served at noon on Sundays)
- Patrick, Dubuque (served at 5pm on Wednesdays)
- Congregational Church (served Thursday at 5:30)
- At least 42 people; 6 teams of 7 adults, over 18 years of age (to prepare food and serve the meal).
- A leader for each team.
- To have each team serve one meal each quarter (four meals a year).
- Leaders (only) would need to attend an organizational meeting.
- Rescue Mission meals are served at noon on Sundays.
- Patrick meals are served at 5pm on Wednesdays
- Congregational Church meals are served on Thursday at 5:30; Cathedral participation is more limited for this meal, serving about 5 times a year
- Time involved for each meal is approximately 2-3 hours.
- Volunteers should specify if available on Wednesdays or Sundays or both.
- Sign up sheets will continue to be put up at church locations for food and servers as needed.
This is a great opportunity to join in fellowship with fellow parishioners in this worthy mission. Especially in the upcoming year of Mercy, when Pope Francis asks us to live the corporal works of Mercy, please consider joining, leading or starting a team. This is a great opportunity for families to form a team, especially as Pope Francis convenes a synod on the family.
This team concept will help enable this outreach program by the parishioners to continue in the community. Contact us at one of these numbers to participate as a team leader, team or individual.
Nick Noel – 563.599.5425
- email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Bruce Howes – 563.451.8546
- email – email@example.com
Cathedral Office – 563.582.7646
- email – firstname.lastname@example.org